Sunday 5 March 2017

UNIT 5


GRAMMAR


2.TAG QUESTIONS < (click )
MORE TAG QUESTIONS EXERCISES < (click)

3.PREPOSITIONS IN QUESTIONS ( watch the video below)

4.VERBS WITH -ING AND TO
There are some verbs which have a  difference in meaning after using the gerund or the infinitive form of the verb.

FORGET

GERUND
INFINITIVE
He forgot leaving the keys at home.
He forgot to leave the keys at home.
meaning:
He forgot the fact that he left the keys at home.
He forgot to leave the keys at home so the keys weren't there.
REMEMBER

GERUND
INFINITIVE
remembered posting / having posted the letters.
remembered to post the letters.
meaning:
I remembered the fact that I posted the letters
I didn't forget to send the letters.
REGRET

GERUND
INFINITIVE
regretted leaving the company after ten years.
We regret to inform you that you are dismissed.
meaning:
I was very sorry that I left the company.
We are very sorry to inform you that you are fired.
TRY

GERUND
INFINITIVE
Try holding your breath to stop sneezing.
You really must try to overcome your shyness.
meaning:
Make an experiment
Make an attempt to overcome your shyness.
STOP

GERUND
INFINITIVE
stopped smoking.
stopped to smoke.
meaning:
I ceased smoking and now I don't smoke.
I stopped in order to smoke.
GO ON

GERUND
INFINITIVE
He went on talking about his holidays.
He went on to talk about his holidays.
meaning:
He continued talking about his holidays.
He started talking about his holidays as a new topic.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Cristina!
    With this post I think that we are not going to have problems to study. Thanks you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cristina! thank you so much because of the post, I was too confusing but now I think it's Ok. See you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cristina.This posts are very interesting and important. I think study isn't very difficult with them.
    Lorena Mínguez

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Cristina ,I had been doing some subject/Object questions exercises and I think they are very useful!!Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cristina!
    Thank you so much for the post of verbs with -ing and to, its very useful.😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Cristina¡
    This post has helped me a lot to study and understand grammar.
    Thank you and see you tomorrow¡

    ReplyDelete